Post The Spot
Welcome To Post The Spot,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and not our other features. By joining our Post The Spot community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our Post The Spot community today! Register Now!!

Post The Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE

Go down

FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE Empty FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm

WEST HARTFORD RESERVOIR

This place has it all. The views, the foliage, the water reservoir, the people and even the picnic areas that are currently not in use due to Covd-19. Except for not being able to start a grill here, swim or no longer sit at a picnic table since they have been removed I enjoy my time here. 

FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE 20200910

The four mile walk is scenic and quiet. There are plenty or birds to see and hear, deer,  and chipmunks. A lot of the goers bring their children and dogs along and we even get to enjoy their presence there. There is a bike trail and an off the path trail. I have yet to go on the off the path trail but the red trail which is four miles long is full of up and downs that take you through all of the scenes the reservoir has to offer. 

FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE 20200912

The yellow trail is more closed in but a good walk and is also about four miles long. To the avid hiker this would be considered more of a walk but it does have a few steep inclines that will get your heart rate going if your walking a fast pace. 

I visit this reservoir about four times a month the whole season that they are open and even on a hot muggy day there aren't many mosquitos to deal with which is always a plus. 

If you just want a quiet place to sit and slow down this is the place to go. There are plenty of grass areas to have a picnic with a small group and keeping socially distant. I've seen people just sitting reading a book, painting and even doing yoga.  

To visit this website use the link below and keep in mind that there are restrictions due to Covid-19.

WEST HARTFORD RESERVOIR

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://postthespot.forumotion.com

aces2308 likes this post

Back to top Go down

FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE Empty Re: FOUR MILE WALK/HIKE

Post by aces2308 Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Looks like a great place for awesome hike  Very Happy
aces2308
aces2308