Post The Spot
Welcome To Post The Spot,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and not our other features. By joining our Post The Spot community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our Post The Spot community today! Register Now!!

Post The Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY HAND SANITIZER

Go down

DIY HAND SANITIZER Empty DIY HAND SANITIZER

Post by Admin Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:16 pm

DIY HAND SANITIZER

We should of been doing this as soon as we learned that hand sanitizing was going to be an necessity to the extent we are doing it now. Hand sanitizers are not super expensive but they are not always in stock. 

Just a reminder, using hand sanitizer is a back up to hand washing. Using soap and water is the recommended way of cleaning hands if soap and water is available. Along with wearing a mask when in public, hand sanitizers is the easiest way to keep hands clean but only if soap and water aren't available.

With that said lets get into the recipe. I just used two ingredients but you can add essential oils to help with the alcohol smell. I don't really mind it so I just used Aloe and 70% alcohol.

INGREDIENTS:  2/8 cup of ALOE VERA GEL from the LEAF AND 3/4 cup of 60% to 70% ALCOHOL. Essential oil 8 to 10 drops (OPTIONAL)

ITEMS:   1 PLASTIC BOTTLE, SPOON OR KNIFE, BLENDER OR POTATO MASHER, FUNNEL FOR EASY PORING       

INSTRUCTIONS:   Cut about a two inch peace of allow and tilt in a small container to drain the aloe vera latex (a yellow liquid) for about ten minutes. Measure out the 3/4 cup of alcohol. Use a spoon or knife to get gel from the leaf. Place gel in blender or in a bowl to mash with potato masher. This will liquify the gel. Let the gel sit for about 10 minutes for the foam to settle. Add aloe vera to bottle and add the alcohol. At this point you can add essential oil if you are using it, 8 to 10 drops. Place lid on your container and shake to mix well, about a minute. You now have home made hand sanitizer.     

THINGS TO KNOW:

Alcohol will dry your skin very quickly, so I don't recommend using any alcohol stronger than 70%. The recommended alcohol percentage for killing germs is 60%.

Essential oils are great but in the hand sanitizer the amount is so small that you are just getting the scent, which is why I just opted out.

The yellow liquid called aloe latex has laxative properties and cause serious health complications when ingested.

Aloe vera is slimy and slippery, keep this in mind when handling it if you are using the potato masher method. This slime is gold for the hair and skin by the way and further explained here in the NATURAL HAIR CARE ARTICLE.

Make sure you are using essential oils and not fragrance oils. 

You can see how I did it in the following video. Please don't forget like, share and subscribe. THANK YOU.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://postthespot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum